This policy is meant to standardize MODS’ approach to collection of program fees and membership dues, including penalties for non-payment or tardiness of payment.
2.1 DEFAULT TIMELINES
Unless otherwise specified:
- All program fees (e.g. team fees) are to be paid in full by a minimum of one week before the associated season begins.
- Individual membership dues are to be paid prior to participation in any MODS-endorsed programming for the year in question.
2.2 NON-PAYMENT / TARDINESS OF PAYMENT
Where program fees or membership dues are not paid in advance of specified deadlines, MODS’ staff reserves the right to:
- Prohibit teams from competing in the program not paid for, until such time as team fees are paid in full.
- Count any games played prior to payment as a default loss, and cash performance bonds accordingly.
- In the event of repeated or continued non-payment, prohibit individual members of a non-paying team from registering and playing in any MODS-endorsed program for a period of up to one (1) calendar year.
- Count any game played by a team fielding non-paying individuals (ie. those with outstanding membership dues) as a loss for that team.
- In the event of repeated or continued fielding of non-paying individuals, count such games as default losses, with performance bonds cashed accordingly.
- In the event of repeated or continued non-payment, prohibit individual non-paying members (ie. with outstanding membership dues) from registering and playing in any MODS-endorsed program for a period of up to one (1) calendar year.
One notable exception to the requirements for payment of membership dues is in the case of guest players. Guest players can play up to two (2) games in a MODS-endorsed program - with permission of the captain of the opposing team – without being bound by the obligation to pay membership dues for the year.