On Saturday, October 17th, the MODS Board announced the decision to suspend league play with further consideration to come by November 1st. Currently, the cases in Manitoba areincreasing rapidly. Manitoba still has the highest per capita rate of active COVID-19 cases in Canada and on Monday, October 26th the COVID-19 test positivity rate was 7.1% for the province and 8.3% in metro Winnipeg.
The Board of Directors has made the decision to extend the original suspension of game play in all Indoor Leagues. The board remains confident that, given the available information, this decision continues to be in the best interests of our community. We do not take thisdecision lightly, and continue to actively evaluate the situation.Wewill make an announcement regarding the remainder of the season on November 9th. There will be a prorated reimbursement of league fees for this extended period, which will be paid either by refund to the original form of payment, by way of credit to future league fees, or it can be donated to support MODS at this time, at the election of the payor.
Because the Board continues to assess the viability of running Indoor League programming, league fee reimbursements will not be processed immediately. If a decision is made regarding Indoor League over the next few weeks that results in additional reimbursement being payable, we will process all reimbursements at one time. Accordingly, MODS staff will be in touch regarding the status of reimbursements after November 9th. This delay in league playdoes not change the league start date for the purposes of the MODS refund policy.
Over the coming weeks we will pay close attention to whether the Manitoba government continues to keep Winnipeg in a state of orange,the situation improves and the risk is lowered to yellow, or whether it escalates to a more critical red level. If you have any questions or comments, please reach out as we do value your feedback.
We thank you for your support and hope that you are all keeping safe.
MODS Board of Directors