Information on the 2013 Co-ed Summer League (May-August) can be found on this page.
Looking for something else?
For information on High School/Middle School leagues (May), click here.
For information on Beginner's League (July-August), click here.
For information on Junior Hat League (July-August), click here.
For information on other leagues, click here.
Summer Co-ed League
Dates: May 6th-Aug 22nd. Championship Weekend is on August 23 - 25. Playoffs begin on Friday, August 23rd for one of the leagues (TBD).
Gender Ratio: The gender ratio is 4:3.
Cost: League fees are $750.00 2013. (Field Levy $300.00, Team Fee $432.50 & $17.50 GST).
***A performance bond cheque of $50 is also required. This will not be cashed unless a team defaults without notice for a league or Championship Weekend game, fails to attend the captains team meeting and or clinic, is deemed responsible for a serious offence by the conduct committee or jeopardizes future field use.
Registration information for all players
All players must be MODS members to play in our leagues and to be added to rosters.
Registration for MODS memberships opened on March 6th. The early bird pricing is in effect until March 31st
Annual membership pricing:
Adult members $30 (early bird price: $25)
Junior members $15
Returning members: Returning members will have received an email with a link to help recover accounts and renew memberships. Alternatively, you can log in with your username and password under "MODS Registration" on the left hand side of the page. Click and read the waiver and code of conduct, and click the checkboxes to accept. You may save and pay (if paying online) or just save (if you are paying through another method).
New Members: under "MODS Registration" on the left land side of the page, click on "create a new account here", and fill in the required information to create a profile. Click and read the waiver and code of conduct, and click the checkboxes to accept. You may save and pay (if paying online) or just save (if you are paying through another method).
For information on payment methods, click here.
Registration information for captains (registering teams)
Returning teams* registration opens: Monday April 1st.
*Returning teams are are defined as teams / captains who are returning to play on the same night as the season before.
New teams registration / teams changing nights opens: Monday April 8th.
In order to register a team, you must:
1) Be a registered paid MODS member
2) Register team online
3) Submit full payment for team fees (online payments no longer charge transaction fee / cash and cheque payments have an admin fee)
4) Submit $50 Performance Bond (by cheque only - no admin fee on this)
5) Have a minimum of 10 registered and paid players on your roster
6) Pass quiz or attend Captains Rules Clinic.
How to register: All registration will be done online.
Teams register to play on one of: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings throughout the summer.
We anticipate room for up to 56 - 62 teams per night.
HOW TO REGISTER A RETURNING TEAM (click the link to the left)
HOW TO REGISTER A NEW TEAM (click the link to the left)
All teams must have a representative at the Captains Team Meeting.
Returning teams have the option to take a rules Quiz.
If you get 80% or better you are exempt from the Captains Rules Clinic (different then the Captains Team Meeting).
ALL NEW TEAMS MUST SEND A REPRESENTATIVE TO THE CAPTAINS RULES CLINIC.
For a full list of captain's responsibilities please click here.
Captain's Rules Clinics
Returning teams will have the opportunity to pass an online Captain's Rules Quiz to be exempt from these clinics.
Teams must register a player for a specific clinic.
Clinic 1 - Wednesday April 24th, 7:00pm
Clinic 2 - Saturday April 27th, 11:00am
Clinic 3 - Saturday April 27th, 2:00pm
These clinics will be open to non captains if there is space.
Click this link for more info. All clinics will be held in the basement of the Quality Inn (Pembina and Grant).
Captain's Team Meetings (May 1st and 2nd)
Monday Night League: May 1 , 6:15 - 7pm team pack p/up 7pm Meeting start time
Tuesday Night League: May 1, 6:15 - 7pm team pack p/up 7pm Meeting start time
Wednesday Night league: May 2, 6:15 - 7pm team pack p/up 7pm Meeting start time
Thursday Night League: May 2 , 6:15 - 7pm team pack p/up 7pm Meeting start time
The Captains Team Meetings will be held at Sysco Foods (1570 Clarence Ave near Waverly). All teams must send at least 1 representative to the Captain's Team Meeting. If you have a "paper captain" and an "on-field captain" please have both attend. If you can't attend your night then contact Corey.
1. Captains may pay the individual fees of players on their team with team registration fees. If a player plays on multiple teams, then they only need to pay 1 of their captains. Teams are not officially registered until team fees, performance bonds and 80% of player fees the team is responsible for are paid. There is a minimum of 10 registered players on a team registration. All players must be MODS members, individual membership updates will begin in March. If a player on your team is not yet a member they can create a membership or their captain can create a temporary membership for them. To do this you will need the players Full name (proper spelling), full date of birth and postal code. They will be able to update the rest afterwards. All team registration will be editable up until the closing of registration.
2. Waivers can either be printed off and submitted with team feesor submitted online(preferred). The online waivers are filled out when you update your membership or register as a user on the MODS website. They are available on the lefthand side of the homepage in a separate box labelled "membership registration". Printed waivers for 2013 will be available on the MODS website. If waivers are printed off, you can either send them in to MODS at 145 Pacific Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2Z6 or drop them off for Corey Draper at the Sport Manitoba building, room 402. Envelopes may be left at the 1st floor reception desk addressed to us. No cash will be accepted at this desk.
3. Once league has started teams can update their rosters at any point in the season up un